Resolutions, goals, new resolve


Welcome to Mary's Garden in the new year. I've brought all my left over candy for you--I need to get rid of it all. Anyway, fill up your plates with goodies, and yes, I did provide healthy choices. Pour yourself your favorite beverage and settle in and let's chat.

No matter what you call it, it's that time of year when you start anew. The first day of the year, this year 2017. So am I setting resolutions? Goals? A new resolve? People say "I'm not setting resolutions, I'm going to set some goals." Well I looked up the definitions of all three. And believe it or not, the three are pretty much all the same things.

Resolution: a firm decision to do or not to do something.
Goal: the object of a person's ambition or effort; an aim or desired result.
Resolve: firm determination to do something.

I have a resolution to lose 30 lbs and my goal is to do it by June. And I resolve that I am going to support others while I do it by posting healthy recipes on my The After Work Cook Blog.

Now for writing, my resolution is to write more. My goal is to write at lunches as many days as possible. and I resolve not to let my work get in the way of my writing lunches.

Now for my work/home life, my resolution is to complain less about work when I'm at home. My goal is to find a fulfilling career that I will only have good comments, and I resolve to do my research and apply to only positions that I know are the best fit for my skills.

Now if only I could have all my books hit the best selling list so I could just stay home and write all day and actually make a living at what I love. Obviously, I have other resolutions, goals, and resolves but those are my main ones. I would love to hear from you and what yours are.

Comments

Popular Posts